|French Colonials Killed by Gas at Ypres|
- The first gas attack of the Western Front launched on 22 April 1915 at Ypres 1915 was just the first of a rapid series of fateful, tragic, and memorable events that unfolded in less than a week.
|Rupert Brooke, Royal Naval Division|
- The following day, one of the first of the notable "war poets" to emerge, Lt. Rupert Brooke of the Royal Naval Division, would die on the island of Skyros.
|Armenian Family on a Deportation March|
- On 24 April the Ottoman Empire would begin its systematic massacres and deportations of its Armenian subjects.
|Gully Ravine, Gallipoli Peninsula|
- Sunday the 25th will forever be remembered as the landing day at Gallipoli, the start of the memorable and ill-fated land campaign.
|Italian Ambassador to Great Britain, Marquis Guglielmo Imperiali|
- In London 24 hours later, Italian and Allied diplomats executed the treaty bringing Italy into the war. Anticipating an Allied victory to come soon, Italy's representatives never realized they were signing a death warrant for 600,000 of their citizens.
- Meanwhile in New York on 24 April the RMS Lusitania completed its 201st transatlantic voyage and began loading cargo for its next trip, which would be its last.