In ten days, we will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the first American battle of World War One, the Battle of Cantigny. More commemorations will follow. This booklet will help you keep all the action straight as the unfolding action is retold in the media. The AEF Battlefields covers the area on which the recent PBS WWI documentary was unaccountably weak.
Since 1991, I have been leading First World War battlefield tours to the Western Front, Gallipoli and Italy, and this will be my last year doing so. By far, the greatest interest for my groups has been in the American battlefields. Also, over the years I have received hundreds of inquiries through the Internet as to how to visit the site where a family member, a Doughboy, airman, Marine, or sailor served and how to gain information on what happened where they fought. What I decided to do for the subscribers of my publications OVER THE TOP, ROADS TO THE GREAT WAR, and the ST. MIHIEL TRIP-WIRE was consolidate and organize all the information I have gathered over the years on the battlefields of the American Expeditionary Forces into one document. I hope you will consider purchasing it. It is a distillation of all my research and on-site explorations on the subject, organized in a way that I believe is easy to follow. Here are some details about the work and how to purchase it.
The Battlefields Covered:
- Chateau-Thierry, Belleau Wood, and Vaux
- Second Battle of the Marne
- Flanders: Mt. Kemmel
- St. Mihiel Salient
- The Hindenburg Line & Beyond
- Blanc Mont Ridge
- Other Notable Operations
- 28-page, full color, large 8½ x 11 inch printable PDF document, readable on desktops, laptops, or P.E.D. devices
- 10 major battles and 5 notable smaller operations covered
- Each main section includes: quick facts, then and now photos, maps, details about the battle, and key sites to visit with GPS coordinates.
- Delivered electronically
How to Purchase
Include Both Your Email & Mailing Address for Delivery